Pages

Tuesday 15 March 2011

On your marks....

Location:  Longslade Bottom
Miles:  1.44
Time:  29 mins
Average speed:  3.0 mph
Terrain: X-country, one short uphill section.
Pain by the end:  6/10
Conversation stops adjusted for: 1 (an old Pointer-owner friend!)

OK, training has started!


Last spring I bought myself a personal GPS, a 'watch' type which straps on my wrist so is easy to use walking/cycling/running.   I didn't use it in anger except for a couple of runs I did, and for curiosity value on dog walks.  Today I have put new batteries in it and can monitor my progress.

And for what am I in training?   To get back to my previous fitness before the crash.  I might not have been a super athlete before but I was above average fitness/strength. I reckon it's going to take me the rest of this year and maybe then some.  

It's a daunting thought but at least I will get back to it.

4 comments:

  1. good luck...i just love your countryside

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay Juni! Good luck with that you'll get there in time! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. One giant step every day, moment by moment, day by day.....anmd suddenly before ya know it, you say hey I'm Back!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....and the puppy will say "WAIT UP!!! Sheeeeeshhh!!!!!"

    <-- personally looking forward to the puppy saying that! :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear it.

If you prefer to just read, appreciate and then move on, that's fine too :-)