Pages

Monday 14 February 2011

Mid-course slump

Help, I seem to have hit a brick wall on my OU course :-(  

I'm finding the content interesting still, but I seem to have completely forgotten how to start, let alone complete an essay. In this case it's one evaluating claims and we are bombarded with warnings about what we must include.  I keep procrastinating but I hope once I make a start (tonight) things will start to fall into place.

For the first time this week I felt as though this is all too much hard work and wanted to give it up.  That must be a sign that I'm feeling generally down and not 100% because I'm not a quitter.  I suppose there have been times things have 'faded away' out of my interest boundaries, but that's not quite the same.  And it's not as though I'm not getting the marks, so it's just my own lack of ... something!!

I'm really hoping things bounce back a bit soon, otherwise I'll start getting behind with the work, and that will just perpetuate the negative feelings. 

Right, on with starting an essay plan about memory being a constructive and dynamic system.   Hmm, mine is isn't feeling very dynamic at the moment!!

6 comments:

  1. I think what you have is the Febuary blues, I'm in a similar situation with my art. Why am I doing this, whats the point Blah. Happens to me every Feb though that could just be the conformation bias in me. Anyway I want some sunshine ARGH

    Keep at the course don't give up just do something even if its just putting a word on a piece of paper. You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay.

    Deep breath.
    Remember the long range goal.
    Bumps in the road will happen.
    GET up--get at it.
    You can do it.
    You will do it.

    <-- knows you will and ARE accomplishing great things

    You chased this for a REASON.
    It's worth it.

    Write it on the mirror, attach sticky notes to places to remind you.

    Oh.... Also remember:

    Coconut bon bons are also very, very helpful.

    JUST sayin'......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...........you..............just look back over the last week and see how many times you have put on Facebook that you aren't feeling well and then give yourself a break. And Minstels xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, hello.
    The mid-anything slump is a downer; but it will pass, and you know this.
    I am planning to take up an OU course in the autumn, and am already worrying about just this. But I know it will pass too.
    Don't be hard on yourself. To have got this far is a Wonderful Thing.
    Chin up. Keep trying. It'll come back.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll get there! Just take it a step at a time and don't rush/pressure yourself. I've learned that work gets sloppy that way.

    The Adorkable Ditz' Missteps

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww hon...we all go through it! Take it from one that knows (I'm just coming out the other side of a massive slump)....once you start it's never as bad as you think it's going to be and once your about half way through you'll realise that your starting to enjoy it again. It's tough plugging away and keeping up the momentum but you can and will do it! Just you wait and see....your mojo will be back in next to no time!! Hang in there

    C x

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear it.

If you prefer to just read, appreciate and then move on, that's fine too :-)