Pages

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Take Two

I deleted my last post, because it was written in rant mode and I could feel that I might become argumentative and defensive... so it's gone.   I am in a lousy mood this afternoon but what is constructive about complaining about people complaining?  

Instead I will tell you about my two new deliveries from Amazon:


I got this because I suppose I ought to have it for my course (ie. everyone else is buying it). It is very thick and rather daunting, and I'm not sure how much I will actually use it since they explain everything in the course text. Still, it will look good on the bookshelf.



Much more promising, the two books recommended to me by JJ at The Disconnected Writer.   They are next on my list for bedtime reading once I have finished wading through Frankl's logotherapy!

Hmm, after all this what I really need is a walk around the garden and later on a good chick flick to watch... or maybe Toy Story ;-)  the first once since I've never seen any of them.

I hope you all have a happy day and I'm sorry for being grumpy!
 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, I'm just about to watch Toy Story and then have an early night... hopefully be back to normal tomorrow!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine reading a book you wrote many years ago that gives everyone insight into who you are today. To me, that is "In Our Time." Love him or hate him, Hemingway could not help but be himself. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, shoot! Now I'm gonna haffta pick up another book!

    No, not the Oxford Dictionary of Psychology....LOL Sheeeeeesh--I have so many work books it's laughable. I meant the Hemingway book.
    *laughing*
    That's laughable too, considering the stack by the bed...and in the study...and next to the bookcase cuz there's no room on the shelves. :-/

    Oh--and I LOVE Toy Story!

    To infinity and BEYOND!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books but I don't have the space to keep many. I inherited a load of 'classics' from my aunt, things like Lolita and Crime & Punishment (which was nothing like I expected). A while ago I bought myself some 'school study' books such as Animal Farm; I just finished To Kill a Mockingbird. It's a bit like classic films you ought to have seen!

    So, looking forward to some Hemingway.. in between playing with ArtRage :-P

    ~Juniper~

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear it.

If you prefer to just read, appreciate and then move on, that's fine too :-)