Pages

Tuesday 10 August 2010

Mind games

In an earlier blog (Trains of thought) I talked a bit about how I felt out on the road, as a passenger at the moment obviously, after the crash.  Each time I go out, I feel less worried; although I have yet to tackle any journey further than 20 miles.

I also find that scenes in films or TV programmes that involve car crashes increase my heart-rate, I can feel it happening; I get a strange feeling of panic.  It is short-lived but very palpable.  

And yet I can look at the photographs of our crash scene and of the Transporter after the event (Mr H. took several pictures) with only a slight twinge of emotion.   Others looking at them find them quite disturbing.

The psyche is a complex thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear it.

If you prefer to just read, appreciate and then move on, that's fine too :-)